Professional Photographer's tip week: Advertising, tip1
This week’s exciting new tip theme is all about advertising and how to build your business from it.
Today’s tip is about harnessing the power of social media giant, Facebook:
No one can escape the power of social media networks in this day and age. Many of us are completely addicted to checking and surfing the social sites to see what’s hot and what’s not. This makes it a great place to advertise a photography business.
Facebook’s advertising scheme is a very clever one, in that it picks up on what users are talking about and then suggests adverts in the right hand column. For instance, if someone mentions landscape or wedding photography, then Facebook will put up the relevant advertisers' links alongside the post. With the amount of photos being shared and talked about on the site it cannot prove to be less than valuable for getting your photography noticed.
The perks of paying for advertising on Facebook can be:
• Pay for performance – you only pay when your ad is clicked on
• Set your own pricing
• Control who sees the ad (location, interests, demographics)
• Create a connection with future purchasers
• Easy to measure results via Facebook Insights
Here are some favoured tips for Facebook Ads:
• Target your audience – choose the right interests
• Don’t overspend – don’t run ads at night and select hundreds of specialty keywords
• Hook with an action – ‘Get a free download’ or ‘Connect with me for ideas’, for example.
• Tell them to ‘click Like’ and why, offer an incentive perhaps
• Measure return on investment (cost per Like or contact requests)
With millions accessing Facebook the scope for advertising is great and definitely not one to be overlooked. For more information on Facebook advertising click here.
Back to Categories
- Average Article Rating 0 Stars
- You must be a registered user & logged in to rate this.
Login | Register