Professional Photographer's tip week: Exhibiting, tip 4
Our fourth tip in the exhibition-themed week is here.
Today we will be looking at how to spread the word about your exhibition:
So you’ve put together all your images, you’ve booked the venue and you’ve printed your business cards. Now you just need the people!
There are many ways to advertise your upcoming photography exhibition, so here are our bite size tips on how to spread the word:
1. The venue: The venue hosting your exhibition will obviously want to spread the word for you to get their promotion around. Put together a poster that they can display in their windows or foyers and ask them if they can send a PDF of the poster to their mailing list recipients.
2. The shops: If any shops gave you discounts or sponsored you, as we discussed on Tuesday, then make sure you get your posters into their windows too. Creating flyers that customers can take away will also increase your reach.
3. The web: Don’t forget to advertise your exhibition squarely on the front page of your website. Boost its reach by posting it across your social media sites too.
4. The industry: It’s always worth approaching photography magazines – such as ourselves! – who can put your press release on their websites. Always ensure you send across a couple of high-res images with your release too.
Share your thoughts with us in the comments box below on what advertising techniques appeal to you or tell us if you’ve had any successes or mishaps with exhibitions in the past.
Back to Categories
- Average Article Rating 0 Stars
- You must be a registered user & logged in to rate this.
Login | Register