Professional Photographer of the Year 2013 - Terms and Conditions
1. Use of this website
This Site is operated by Professional Photographer Magazine. Any use by you of the Site is conditional upon your acceptance of these Terms & Conditions. We reserve the right to amend these Terms & Conditions from time to time without notice and at our sole discretion. It is your responsibility periodically to review this page for updates to these Terms & Conditions, which shall come into effect once posted. See the box below for a summary of updates. Your continued use of the Site constitutes acceptance of these Terms & Conditions. We reserve the right to change, modify, suspend or discontinue any portion of the Site at any time. We may also impose limits on certain features or restrict your access to parts of the Site without notice or liability.
2. Terms of Entry
There are no fees for entry into the Professional Photographer of the Year Awards 2013. Your entry shall be deemed acceptance of these Terms & Conditions as they relate to the competition. Entries posted in breach of these Terms & Conditions will be removed from the competition.
Participation in the Professional Photographer of the Year Awards 2013 is open to all photographers over the age of 18, except (i) employees and principals of Professional Photographer, its affiliates, and participating sponsors (collectively, the “Competition Partners”). Eligible participants must be natural persons and not corporate entities. By using this Site and/or participating in the competition, you represent and warrant that you meet all eligibility requirements and that any submitted registration information is accurate.
4. How to Enter
• Entries must be made online using the instructions provided on this page.
• There will be no fee for participation.
• Entries must be uploaded on or before the closing date.
• The closing date for 2013 submissions will be 23:59 hours Eastern Standard Time on the 16th of October,
• Only electronic entries will be accepted.
• Neither Professional Photographer nor its Competition Partners will have any responsibility or liability for entries not properly submitted or not received for any reason.
5. Submission Process & Requirements.
To be eligible participants must submit: Images
• Each entrant may submit no more than one image per category excluding the Portfolio category. However, they may enter as many categories as they wish.
• Entry images must be electronic and must be uploaded to the site, which will require creation of a Professional Photographer website account.
• Entry images must be submitted at, or be available at, sufficiently high resolution so that they can be printed at a standard acceptable for display in printed media.
• Entry images must be clearly titled with the category the photographer wishes to enter. Please do not use any spacing in the file names.
With respect to any materials you submit in connection with the Professional Photographer of the Year Awards 2013, you represent and warrant as follows:
• That you have taken the photograph(s) you have sent to us or you have permission from or are authorised by the owner of the photograph(s) to send it (them) to Professional Photographer.
• That all necessary model and property releases have been obtained from any clearly identifiable person appearing in any image, together with any other relevant consents required, and that the use of any submitted materials in this competition or pursuant to the licences granted herein does not breach any copyright, moral right, or other right of any other person or entity.
• That the submitted materials are not obscene, do not reveal any proprietary or trade secrets, and do not defame or libel any person.
• That you, or the person from whom you have permission to submit the Submitted Materials, own(s) the copyright and other relevant rights to the submitted materials, that you will not license or assign such copyright during the course of the competition, that you have full power and authority to grant the licenses and authorisations granted herein, and that submission of the Submitted Materials and their use and display will not be contrary to any law or any contract or agreement with any third-party.
• Professional Photographer and its Competition Partners will not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury suffered or sustained by any person or entity that results from or arises out of use or display of Submitted Materials in connection with the Professional Photographer of the Year Awards 2013 competition. The entrant indemnifies and holds harmless Professional Photographer, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and it’s Competition Partners against any loss, damages, costs or claims, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of a breach of any of the foregoing representations and warranties.
Any breach of the foregoing representations and warranties will also, among other things, disqualify the entrant from the competition; make the entrant’s account subject to immediate termination; and make any prizes, awards, or honours received subject to termination and forfeiture.
Entrants should retain copies of all Submitted Materials for their records, as neither Professional Photographer nor its Competition Partners shall have any obligation to preserve or return Submitted Materials.
6. The Judging Process
Upon closure of the 2013 submissions period (23:59 hours on the 16th of October, 2014), a shortlist of all entries will be reviewed by the judging panel, and a final vote will be held to determine the award recipient and honourable mention recipients in each category. The judges’ decision will be final. Participants will not be provided with any opportunity to communicate with the judges regarding submissions. Professional Photographer and its Competition Partners will make any adjustments to the judging process at their sole and absolute discretion. Results will be posted to the website and feature in the magazine after the judges have made their decision.
7. Use of Images
By entering the competition, Participants grant Professional Photographer and its Competition Partners an irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide royalty-free licence to reproduce, publicly display, distribute, publicly perform and create derivative works from their Submitted Materials, in all media, solely in connection with the administration, judging and promotion of the Professional Photographer of the Year Awards 2013. Submitted Materials will NOT be used for commercial advertising purposes and will NOT be altered without the prior consent of the author, except as necessary to display or distribute them in a particular medium or format. Permissible uses of Submitted Materials shall include their reproduction, distribution and display in exhibitions, multimedia presentations, and printed materials related to or promoting the Professional Photographer of the Year Awards 2013 and/or its sponsorship by Professional Photographer and their Competition Partners. Professional Photographer and its Competition Partners shall have the right to grant sublicences to the press and publicity agents in connection with the promotion of the Award or the competition. Professional Photographer and its Competition Partners also shall have the right to make the Submitted Materials available to third-parties for viewing on computer screens and other media devices, and for storage in electronic format, for personal, non-commercial uses only.
8. Participant Data
Participants grant Professional Photographer and its Competition Partners the right to use submitted personal data (such as name, contact information, and email address) in the administration and judging of the Professional Photographer of the Year Awards 2013. Among other things, such information may be provided to competition administrators and jurors, and we will use the email address you provide for communications related to the Professional Photographer of the Year Awards 2013, including notification of the finalists and winners. By using the Site or participating in the competition, you are consenting to have your personal data transferred to and processed in the United Kingdom.
We care about the privacy of our users. Your personal data will NOT be provided to third parties for unsolicited marketing. We will retain your information in order to provide you with information related to future Professional Photographer of the Year Awards and Professional Photographer initiatives Professional Photographer and its Competition Partners shall have the right to use and publish all winners' and finalists names and approved likenesses for publicity purposes.
9. Liability Disclaimer
Neither Professional Photographer nor any Competition Partner shall have any liability to any user of this Site or any competition participant except in the case of recklessness or intentional misconduct.
10. Restriction, Suspension and Termination
We may restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the Site and/or your ability to avail yourself of any of the services on the Site, including interactive services, at any time for any reason, including if we believe, in our sole discretion, that you have breached these Terms & Conditions at any time or have engaged in any conduct detrimental to the Professional Photographer of the Year Awards 2013. Any such restriction, suspension or termination will be without prejudice to any rights that we may have against you in respect of your breach of these Terms & Conditions. We may also remove the Site as a whole or any sections or features of the Site at any time. Please note that we have the ability to trace your IP address and if necessary contact your ISP in the event of a suspected breach of these Terms & Conditions.
If we wish to end your participation in the Professional Photographer of the Year Awards 2013 competition, we will first try to email you at the address included with your submission. Your registration will terminate and your email address and password will become invalid immediately afterwards.